Saturday, October 18, 2014

new garden flowers


Brrr…it was in the 40’s when we got up on Friday (10/17), but Michael still took Cookie for a brisk walk first thing, while I worked on a casserole (yes…another one…but a BETTER one  :~) for dinner.  By the time I got the cheesy quinoa/veggie casserole done, made up 7 containers of yoghurt for Michael (I made it overnight in the crockpot), got the brine made and on the chicken and put together roll dough for dinner, it was 11 AM before I got back to the studio.  I am totally excited about the 3 things I am working on….the new blue/tan blocks, the Prayers & Squares charity quilt on Miss Scarlet, and the binding on the fall quilt I finished on Miss Scarlet last Sunday.  I didn’t have binding for the fall quilt, and Willa brought in a bunch of fabrics for me to check out at Thursday quilting.  I found one I liked, so I got a label stitched out and started to work on my binding strips.  Michael and I had a quick, routine doctor’s appointment at the heart doc in the afternoon, and shortly after we got home, we pulled together everything we needed for dinner.  Loree & Reg arrived at 6 PM and while the guys played pool, Loree and I watched Miss Scarlet start to work on the Prayers & Squares quilt.  Debra & John arrived before 7 (John had unfortunately been stuck in Charlotte traffic) and the guys fired up the grill.  We had citrus marinated chicken, the quinoa casserole (which based on the leftovers was a big hit), Loree brought a salad, and rolls.  We had quite a discussion on religion and other sensitive topics after dinner…and it was VERY nice to be able to have a frank talk with a group of people who were NOT in agreement with each other….but were willing to discuss issues without getting mad…VERY refreshing!  We finally played a quick game of left-right-center (which Loree won) before settling into the rest of the evening with Mexican Train.  I think a very enjoyable time was had by all until minutes after everyone left when I realized, once again, that I had forgotten to take pictures of anyone or anything  :~(.  Oh well, at least Michael took a picture of the beautiful new garden flowers he picked for me in the morning:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.