Thursday, October 9, 2014

Halloween Wreath


Michael left at 8 AM for golf here at SCCL on Wednesday (10/8) and I headed to the studio to work on a new project.  I am going to an embroidery class all day Friday & Saturday.  They asked us to make name tags using a pattern they sent.  They will be awarding prizes for the most creative name tag, so I set aside Wednesday to work on it.  My machine didn’t handle the pattern exactly as the directions said, so that took quite a bit of time to get it to work.  On the bright side, while one of my designs was stitching out, I went on the internet and found a bunch of digitized quilting patterns for Miss Scarlet.  With help from the UTAH support desk, I got them all loaded, and I think one of the new leaf patterns will be perfect for the fall colored quilt I loaded up Tuesday night.  Michael was home by 1:30 PM….the format was a scramble/best ball and his 3 man team came in at 8 under…he’s hoping that’s good enough for second place.  Finally at 4 PM I finished up my nametag….no pics until Friday since I don’t want anyone to steal my idea :~).  We had leftovers again for dinner, and I baked peanutbutter stuffed brownie cups and took them to the Lake House for a talk by a local sewing machine dealer on machine tension.

I don’t think I eve posted pics of the Halloween wreath I made….here you go

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Michael and I still haven’t added all of the gourds and stuff…we thought it looked very pretty just with the ribbons.

1 comment:

  1. Love the wreath !! Did you take a class, or is there a pattern ? You're right, doesn't even need anything else...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.