Sunday, October 1, 2017

Sandy F 2nd quilt finished, Pat's marathon shirts

Michael left before 8 AM for golf here at SCCL on Saturday (9/30) while I headed to my studio to finish off Sandy’s quilt.  I got it off of the frame, ripped out the basting and buried all of the bobbin ends (no small feat as the background was stark white and there was a lot of it…and the quilting was in dark red.  I had to make sure the threads I buried did not show through the white).  It was finally all finished and trimmed (I love the quilting pattern she picked...there are Christmas balls on some of her fabric and she wanted something that looked like that):  














I spent several hours after that working on my stash.  Many of my drawers were only 1/2 full, so I was combining fabrics, trying to get rid of a trunk or 2….no such luck yet, but 2 of them are very empty looking  :~).  And you know what moving fabric means?  Updating my fabric cards so that I know where to find stuff now:  


I also found 2 pieces in my stash to go with some striped fabric that someone gave me long ago….I threw that on the retreat pile in case I run out of other things  :~):  



Around 3:30 I headed on over to Pat’s for several hours.  She is leaving on Wednesday for Chicago, and won’t be back until the night before retreat!!!  Her son is running in his 20th marathon, and his daughter (Pat’s granddaughter) is running in her first.  So of course Pat is making 11 embroidered t-shirts for everyone to wear (the runners and the cheering section):  


check out the 26.2 in the tread...neat!




























I got home close to 7 PM and Michael and I vegged in front of the boob tube for the rest of the night.

Stash Report = well my pets…the news for September is good!  I (or I really should say Michael because he is the one that actually went to Joann’s and scored this fabric) bought 8 yards of fleece for backing of my Valor quilts (the sale on this was EXCELLENT!).  In the used up category?  I used 39-1/4 yards on various and sundry things.  So, I’m in the black for September, and year to date I have used 49-1/2 yards more than I’ve purchased (or been given).  So far so good….

Baking Report = I knew September was going to be a baking heavy month, so I decided to have a baking report as well:

Sep 4 – 2 loaves sandwich bread, 2 loaves banana bread
Sep 7 – 20 onion rolls for quilting
Sep 10 – 80 rolls for cooking fingers
Sep 15 – 2 loaves sandwich bread
Sep 16 – 30 cookies & cream individual cheesecakes and 60
        Balkava cookies for Sweet Charity event
Sep 17 – waffles for breakfast
Sep 18 – jam/cheese log for breakfast at Sally’s
Sep 24 – 80 rolls for Cooking Fingers, 15 Baklava cups for thank
        you gift
Sep 27 – 2 jam/cheese logs for Scrap Happy Quilters retreat
Sep 29 – pizza dough

No wonder Michael buys my flour in 10 pound sacks….


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.