Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Tara, labels!!, martini night

I’m sure most of you remember that when I visit Connecticut, Janice always has a mini-one day retreat at her home for the Fiber Floozies.  When we do that, Tara (a friend of Mary Jo’s who has become a friend to all of us) always attends.  Tara got married this past weekend and I thought she made a beautiful bride:


Michael’s golf was cancelled Monday morning (10/23) due to rain, and I spent a bit of time on the phone with the eye doctor.  When I went to bed Saturday night, I started to see flashes of white light in my left eye when my eyes were closed.  Since this was one of the symptoms I had in my right eye when I had holes in my retina a year or so ago, I wanted to find out if I needed to come in for an appointment.  They said if I could get there in a hurry they could fit me in….so I ran out of the house and drove like a bat O-O-H!!  And after several hours I got home after NOON.  They didn’t find any holes, but did say that my eye ‘jelly was pulling away from the retinal wall’, so they want to see me again in 2 weeks….ugh!!  Those exams are totally NOT FUN and they take forever!!!  I don’t know whether it was the stressful morning or what, but by 1 PM I could NOT keep my eyes open, so I headed out to the lanair (where I could hear the rain) for a nap.  When I got up I spent a bit of time on the phone with June.  She has the same embroidery machine I do, and she wanted me to send her my file so that she could try to stitch it out…isn’t that sweet??  Loree also sent me some suggestions about her embroidery machine and what she did when she was having problems.  After thinking about everything I decided it was time to load up yet another label and give it a whirl…after all…I need FOUR of them…I can’t procrastinate forever….I have to figure out something.  So, I loaded one up, made a couple of changes to what I had been doing and went back to sewing my rows together on Time Travel (hereafter called ‘Vortex’!)  So actually, I don’t mind sewing the blocks into rows…I like the feeling of accomplishment I get from seeing the design wall get emptier and emptier  :~).  June called back…her machine was eating the labels in the same way mine was :~(, but by 4 PM for me:


(Can you hear me singing HAL_LE_LU_LIA!!!!!)  I decided to push my luck and I loaded up another one:


Michael left at 5 PM for a Scrooge rehearsal, and since I had actual labels that would work, I stopped working on Vortex (although I did manage to get 1/2 way through the row making):  


and pulled up a Valor quilt to work on the binding.  I left close to 7 PM for martini night at Patti’s house.  The martinis were delicious, the food wonderful and the ladies as always, were loads of fun.  We were missing a few of the ladies:  

Barb and her Halloween hat!

Alice, Bonnie and our hostess Patti on the right







Bonnie, Patti hugging Jane, Alice & Barb in back

Patti, Jane, Alice, Barb, Kathi peeking through, Joyce & Andi

Bonnie, Patti, Jance, Alice, Barb, Joyce, Kathi, Andi

but we did have one mystery guest instead (who was a hoot!):


















I think Elvis is in the building, look at that pompadour  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.