Saturday, October 21, 2017

brunch with Christine, time keeps moving, dressed for Halloween

I couldn’t sleep Friday morning (10/20) so I was up early to get my blog out and write up the minutes for Thursday quilting.  I got a bit of sewing done before leaving for Christine’s house for a 10 AM meeting, and got a bottom side of green done:  

here's how it started

new green row added

























We were meeting to figure out the menu for the November Sweet & Savory meeting, and Christine wanted to make us breakfast.  She sets a beautiful table:  














and makes yummy food to boot (a spinach, tomato, feta quiche and an apple/cinnamon French toast casserole).  

our hostess



We figured out our menu (I’m making these cherry pie bars that someone brought to quilting a month or so ago…and since we are having dinner company on Sunday…maybe I can practice then  :~).  I got home before NOON, in time to pack up my embroidery machine and head off to the Viking store.  I bought 2 different kinds of stabilizer and talked more about how to get these patriotic labels done (my machine has eaten 3 more over the past week).  My goal for the weekend is to get at least 2 labels stitched out with NO problems, and to get the Tuscan quilt loaded up.  When I got home I was just beat, but couldn’t fall asleep for a quick nap, so I headed to my studio and got another side of the Time quilt done:  


Ralph & Canyce had a dinner party Friday night and thanks to my friend Leila, Michael and I were both outfitted for Halloween by the time we left for the party:  



















The food was outstanding….and we had so much fun talking afterwards I really didn’t want to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.