Monday, October 23, 2017

lots of baking,Time Travel moving on, AJ

Michael ran to the store for me Sunday morning (10/22) while I got 2 loaves of banana bread in the oven (I came home from retreat with a bunch of really brown bananas :~), and when he got home he took off for a walk with Cookie.  By the time Michael came home from the walk, he said the house smelled heavenly, and we ran a hunk of the bread over to our neighbor Bryce for his breakfast.  


We both had our banana bread breakfast out on the lanair, 


and while the oven was still hot, I also got in the cherry pie bars for our dessert (Mary Jo – a new recipe for October).  


I sewed for just a bit while everything in the kitchen was cooling off, and finished up all of the blocks I needed for Time Travel:  




Now begins the long and I admit it, to me the tedious process of sewing all of the blocks into rows, and then sewing the rows together.  That will surely take me most of this week.  Around NOON we got a phone call that one of our dinner guests had fallen a couple of weeks ago and wasn’t feeling well enough to attend, and Susan was also just recovering from getting sick on her vacation, so we cancelled the dinner…to be re-scheduled at a future date.  There are 6 of us who get together every other month or so to have dinner and play cards, so it should be easy to get together once Evelyn (and Susan) feel better.  While I was sewing downstairs, Michael was working on the toilet in our master bathroom.  Somehow the tank stopped filling during the night.  Apparently the fill valve was broken and between Michael and Phil they got it replaced.  Ya know…if it’s not one thing it’s your mother  :~).  Susan came over to talk in the afternoon and we sent some cherry dessert home with her…then we delivered most of the rest to Joanne & Larry, Gale & Phil and Joe, before I got started on the potato/mushroom casserole for dinner (Mary Jo – another new recipe for October :~).  


I stayed upstairs reading until dinner (Michael did chicken on the grill and we ran some of that and the potato/mushroom casserole down to Evelyn & Phil) and it was wonderful.  I got to sew for a bit more after dinner and made a decent start on sewing my blocks together before joining my honey to watch TV.













I'll leave you with once last picture...much like her parents, it seems AJ is a tree hugger:










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.