Sunday, October 8, 2017

progress on Time Travel, Cathy L before & after, Phil & Gale

Michael left for golfing here at SCCL on Saturday (10/7) before 8 AM (and ended up coming home 3 hours later....soaked ) and my day was spent much like Friday…working in my studio, quilting the paper pinwheel quilt and working on more blocks for my design wall quilt which is called ‘Time Travel’. 




I did take some time out to get some photos printed.  You know, in the car on the way to the restaurant last night, we were all talking about what technology dinosaurs we are (even though some of it is totally by choice…we do not wish to sit staring at our phones when we are spending time with friends.  Nor do we want to be available 24/7 to all and sundry).  Michael related how we spent an hour this week trying to SKYPE with our graddaughter (and when that didn’t work, we tried a FACEBOOK chat) and after nothing worked we felt very old and out of touch  :~(.  Well, it’s probably not that technologically exciting for you people who can do everything on your phone…but I managed to get photos printed without leaving my house  :~).  I know I told you a week or so ago that a friend, Diane, had unexpectedly died.  I went back through my blog and found 5 pictures of her that I wanted to have printed to include with our sympathy note.  I knew there must be some way to ‘drop them off at CVS electronically’, so I signed onto CVS.com.  It was a relatively easy process and I am glad that I didn’t have to make a trip to drop them off…only to pick them up.  OK…it’s one small step for the technologically challenged  :~).  

I had a long and wonderful talk with Cathy L (friend in Wilmington, DE) and when I complained about not getting pictures from anyone, she sent before and afters of her living room makeover:

Before:





And after:




















We haven’t seen Gale & Phil in forever, so when they called at 4 PM asking us to meet them for dinner at 521 BBQ at 5 PM we said yes!  But, before we left the house, Michael and I threw together a chocolate cake so that we could invite them back for some dessert.  We saw some fellow quilters at 521 (Jeanette from SCCL and Linda from Thursday quilting) before heading home for cake (we quickly made up frosting before heading out) on the lanair.  


Phil

Gale

































We sat and talked for over an hour, then Gale and Phil took off with some cake and Michael settled in to watch FLATLINERS from the library.  A re-make of that film is coming out and he wanted to watch the old one before seeing the new one.  That gave me time to finally finish quilting the paper pinwheel quilt:  


I can’t wait to get it bound…I LOVE this quilt  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.