Thursday, October 19, 2017

Jan & Cooper, Time Travel grows

I spent my morning on Tuesday (10/17) on the computer and SKYPE-ing with Janice while my honey had blood work done, took Cookie to the vet (another ear infection) and ran errands (Lidl, movie tix, liquor store).  At 1 PM I headed out to my hair appointment, still not completely unpacked with my studio still a disaster as well.  I got home at 3:30 and continued to work on getting my studio back in order.  Michael left at 6:30 to pick up Larry and go to see THE FOREIGNER (Linda, this is for you: more than a typical revenge tale.  Jackie Chan at 65 does all of his own stunts and travels through London and Ireland seeking out the killers of his daughter.  The IRA is involved and my beloved Pierce Brosnan plays a bad guy.  Lots of action, but not a lot of blood.  Michael gave it 3-1/2 fat quarters out of 5).  I continued to work downstairs while they were gone.

*********************************


Wednesday morning (10/18) Paula and I headed out to breakfast and it was great!  We talked and talked and talked and are going to try to make it a regular thing every 6 – 8 weeks…otherwise we don’t schedule anything and time goes by and we never seem to get together.  ALSO!!!!!!!  Paula is getting further and further sucked in to quilting :~).  As I mentioned, she is doing the 2 quilts of valor…while we were in the car today I asked her if she had started thinking about what she wants to do next….AND SHE ALREADY HAS!!!!  To me that means she is already addicted…..YAY!!!  Another quilter!!!  Another person to talk to about fabric and patterns and quilting and whatever!!!  

When we got home and throughout the rest of the day I continued to unpack my sewing stuff and straighten up my studio.  I took a break when Cookie & I both had company in the afternoon while Michael was up at the golf range….Jan & Cooper came by for a visit:  


















Michael left at 5 PM for his first SCROOGE rehearsal and I decided I deserved a bit of sewing…my design wall looked like this when I started:  


but by bedtime it had 2 additional rows on it:



1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.