Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Elsie & Cookie, AJ at 7 months, Machine Embroidery food & show & tell

I had 286 new emails when I got up on Monday morning (10/16).  It took me quite a bit of time to get through them, and since my honey’s golf date was cancelled (due to rain) he came down to look at his as well.  Our furry kids joined us and snuggled right in for another nap:  




AJ (granddaughter) turned 7 months old while I was away, so we got an updated picture:  


By the time I was done with email, it was time to make some finger food (I made those mustard/ham/cheese/apple roll ups), get showered and head off to Machine Embroidery Group.  We had a speaker and decided to have a little luncheon after she talked: 





and before show and tell:  























When I got home around 3:30, Paula came down and MADE MY DAY!!!  Paula has made a quilt or two in the distant past, but hasn’t done any more in decades.  She decided she wanted to do 2 quilts of valor this year, and she has been diligently working on them.  When she visited yesterday, she had one quilt top 99% done (she just needed a tiny bit more fabric to finish one border) and she had all of the log cabin blocks done for the second quilt.  But what I really enjoyed hearing was that she sewed all day Saturday and Sunday and felt like she was in her ‘happy place’!!!!!!  Isn’t that neat????  She seemed so happy about making her blocks….I think she is getting totally sucked in to quilting  :~).  When she left I continued to unpack from retreat (blog post on that hopefully sometime this week), and then when Michael left at 6 PM for a Fort Mill Playhouse membership meeting at 6 PM, I headed over to Jan’s for a few hours.  We had a wonderful visit, and I picked up FROSTY’s on my way home for Michael and I to enjoy while watching a bit of TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.