Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Cooking Fingers, bread

Even though it was a very overcast/dark day, Michael left for golf at Fort Mill around 8:30 AM while I made my tea and got my blog out.  I printed my lists for what I have to pack for retreat before leaving just after 10 AM for Cooking Fingers.  As usual Paula greeted us: 


and told us about the program.  Today was eating around the world and Linda did Tomato Cucumber Salad from Greece, 



Pat did Stuffed Escarole from Italy: 


Christine did a ground beef mixture served with rice and beans from Cuba,


and Susie finished it off with toffee from the UK:  


The food was ok, but I really went for the toffee, which was yummy!  

























I ran a few errands on the way home, then sewed for just an hour before starting to pack in earnest for retreat.  June showed up in time for yummy butternut squash raviolis with sage and I made 2 loaves of bread after dinner:  


one for Michael and one for us on retreat.  June and I talked the evening away while Michael headed to Fort Mill Playhouse for a meeting, and we finally went to bed around 10 PM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.