Saturday, October 7, 2017

garden flowers, new quilts, Elsie, dinner at Bonefish

Michael picked a bunch more flowers from the garden on Friday morning (10/6) 




before leaving for the chiro.  My flowers are really coming on now….hope we don’t get really cold evening temps for at least another month so that they last.  I spent my entire day in the studio having a blast with my 2 newest quilts.  I got the paper pinwheel quilt off of my design wall and basted onto Miss Scarlett:  














Although I really love this quilt, it shows quite a bit of stark white in the background and I wanted to make sure I choose a quilting stitch (and thread) that would give that some interest.  I used the Joseph’s Coat color from King Tut thread and really like how the pattern and thread are stitching out:  














Paula came by for a nice long visit later in the afternoon and at 4 PM I headed upstairs to get ready for dinner….Elsie was manning her perch:  














She’s been up there a lot lately, but this was the first time she was up there and I had my camera handy :~).  We picked up Joanne & Larry around 5 PM and headed out to Bonefish Grill for dinner.  Funnily enough, we ALL decided to get the Crab Encrusted Atlantic Cod, but at least some of our sides dishes were different:  

broccoli & au gratin potatoes

sweet potato mash & green beans

sauteed spinach & au gratin potatoes

Joanne & Larry split Key Lime Pie for dessert while Michael and I split a Crème Brulee:  















After that we all rolled out to the car and headed home.  We also had an appetizer of Wagyu Beef & Ginger Potstickers (Michael & I both LOVE potstichers....and really need to make up some of our own again) and they were YUMMY!  I sewed for an hour or so once we were home and finally got to put my blocks up on the design wall…I absolutely LOVE this pattern:  




even though Michael says it’s pretty crazy.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.