Friday, October 27, 2017

Show & Tell at Scrap Happy Quilting

I was up early Thursday morning (10/26) and got the binding totally finished on the second Valor quilt (pics tomorrow).  It went on the pile to go to quilting to have the label stitched down.  Then I turned to Tuscan and got all of the bobbin ends woven in, all of the basting ripped out and it got removed from the frame.  I managed to get it trimmed as well before packing the car and heading off to quilting.  We had a large and lively group today, with wonderful show and tell: 

Sandy D and her wonderful quilts, made of all tiny pieces: 




OK...you have to look very closely at this next picture.  Floy took her machine in for service.  What she is holding in her hand is the thread nest they found INSIDE the flywheel on her machine....unbelieveable!!!


It's a wonder she could finish beautiful quilts like this next one, with THAT in her machine:















Mary made 2 striking, similar quilts:


















June, continuing her free motion quilting, embellished a panel:


Marge did some simply stunning pieces:















Jerri is addicted to string piecing:


And isn't this adorable from Jeanne:



I started getting a headache towards the end of quilting, so I left a bit early.  I made hot chocolate and read my book until Michael got home, at which time ALL of us:  














decided a nap on the lanair was just the thing  :~).  By the time I woke up I was getting very congested, which definitely explains the headache :~(.  I had soup for dinner and got to talk on the phone with BG for about an hour (we could never get SKYPE to work).  After that I started to put the binding on Tuscan before heading upstairs for a long and extremely hot soak in the tub before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.