Friday, October 6, 2017

Show & Tell AND food at SHQ

It was another wonderful day of quilting on Thursday (10/5).  I got Sandy’s quilt all trimmed, then got 2 more of my 1/2 square triangle blocks done (it’s amazing to me how long it takes to get each one all laid out and sewn together)!  There was lots and lots of great show and tell:  

Floy's ALWAYS adorable applique...she is teaching how she does this next week:















Mary Ann's table runners:



Sandy B's increasingly complex and beautiful blocks:


and Leila, you should love this one from Cheryle (note her clever raffia blow as well):


Susie did this memory quilt for her parent's 50th anniversary"















And Mary had this interesting secondary star pattern in her log cabin:


Loree finished quilting the last charity quilt she had at her house on Miss Margie (our group's long arm):


And Jerri put together these Dresden Plates she found in a bag of yarn:


and the food was out of this world!!!!  













The cheesecake was definitely well received as I came home with only a very small piece…and believe me, there were lots of other really good desserts!  




I cut a small piece of the leftovers for Joanne & Larry, and was STUNNED to hear that Michael wanted to try a piece as well.  I’m sure I haven’t made a cheesecake in over 14 years, since he told me he doesn’t like them.  Well, we each had a small piece and said it was the best cheesecake he had every had…super delicious!!!!!  So….I guess I’ll be making another one after retreat with some of the cream cheese I still have left  :~).  

Michael came home from golf in the late afternoon with an 86 and he seemed very pleased with how he played.  I spent the rest of the afternoon and part of the evening just starting to load up my paper pinwheel quilt on Miss Scarlett.  I’m going to be nervous about quilting it.  I’ve had such good luck with my tension that I hate to change it…but I will be using rainbow colored King Tut thread, which is a good bit thinner than what I normally use….so I’m going to have to change my tension…we’ll see how that goes.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm pleased to see you two and the critters enjoying life. Can I come live with you?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.