Monday, October 9, 2017

yoghurt, Cinnamon Star Bread, more Time Travel

Michael and Cookie headed out for a walk Sunday morning (10/8) while I finally put together his yoghurt (which was incubating in the crockpot and then got put in the fridge) 





 before heading off to the store to get some food for retreat.  I sewed for a bit when I got home before heading back to the kitchen.  I wanted to make something nice for Michael before I leave on retreat…and I had leftover dough from the pizza I made earlier in the week, so I whipped out a Cinnamon Star Bread:  




Mostly, the rest of the day was spent in my studio…this 3 day weekend of sewing-sewing-sewing has been AWESOME!!!  Michael and I did take a break at lunchtime to SKYPE with our beautiful granddaughter (note the beginning of retreat packing in background on kitchen table...most important???  ROTEL & VELVEETA!!!!!):  


Otherwise I kept working on the Time Travel quilt.  Since I am altering the pattern, I didn’t really know how many blocks of each color I would need total….so I concentrated on finishing one corner/quarter of the quilt so that I could get all of the rest of my strips cut: 



















I only need one more orange strip and one more purple strip, but I need 5 more strips of puzzle fabric!!  The coolest thing is Arizona Mary got the same pattern free in the mail and may also be making it!! 

At 7:30 I headed upstairs to snuggle with my honey…we watched a Northern Exposure and then a couple of ‘our’ shows AS TIME GOES BY before heading to bed.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the Time Travel quilt !!! I like how you just WHIPPED out a cinnamon star bread ! That would take me a week.... MJinCT

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.