Sunday, October 29, 2017

last flowers from garden, Paula's first quilt loaded

I didn’t have a very good night of sleep Friday night.  I woke up at 3 AM and couldn’t get back to sleep, so I finally moved to the couch in the media room.  Cookie was ready to go out at 5 AM…probably because she could hear me still tossing and turning…but when we came back in, she snuggled with me under the blanket and I did finally fall back to sleep for a bit.  Needless to say, I was moving rather slowly Saturday morning (10/28), but I got a bit of clean up done in my studio before Paula and I headed up to the Lake House to view the quilting display from the SCCL quilters.  We certainly have some talented people living here!!  I did feel though that I didn't see any quilts that looked like mine.  Everyone has a style and I think my quilts would look different than what was displayed there.  I am toying with the idea of joining the quilting club here ONLY so that I might display some of my quilts when they have a show.  I don't want to go to the meetings because they are on Wednesdays....which I look forward to as a day when I can generally stay home all day and sew!

When Michael got home from his errands, he picked what will probably be the last bouquet from our garden……


















it’s been great having fresh flowers in the house most of the summer.  I absolutely love the Gerber daisies I had this year....I hope I am able to grow them next year from the seeds I collected this year.  

I got back home from viewing the quilts around 12:30 and started to load up Paula’s 2 Valor quilts.  I decided to load up just one and quilt it, so I got that done 















and got 2 rows of quilting done (along with a nap!) before Michael and I had to leave.  We headed out just before 6 PM for Fort Mill Community Playhouse.  The town of Fort Mill is giving ghost tours of historic buildings, and since we are currently in a very old building, we had to be there to let people in and tell them a little about our place.  We were home just before 9 PM and reveled in our Praline Pecan ice cream while watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.