Thursday, October 5, 2017

Sandy D's second quilt done, Praline Pecan Cheesecake

I got my blog out and tea made before SKYPE-ing with Janice Wednesday morning (10/4).  Michael had breakfast on the lanair, then took off for a walk with Cookie.  We were both upstairs at 10:30…me for food and Michael to head to the grocery store.  Michael made my breakfast (onion/mushroom/cheese omelet on a bed of spinach) so that I could fire up Miss Scarlett and continue with Sandy’s quilt.  I worked on the quilt all day and by 7 PM the quilting was done….YAY!!!  


Even Michael said it looks awesome.  While it was quilting out, I got a few more blocks done on a new project. 















This one definitely needs a design wall for the layout, so I need to get the paper pinwheel OFF of the wall and ON to Miss Scarlett  :~).

I did take a break around dinnertime for some baking.  I knew I was going to need a lot of cream cheese in September, and there was a great sale at the end of August, so I toted up what I needed and Michael bought it for me.  Guess I have flunked basic math because I have 4 POUNDS of cream cheese leftover!!!  So, I decided to make a cheesecake for quilting on Thursday.  I’m not sure I’ve ever brought a dessert for a quilting luncheon before, so it will be interesting.  I made a Praline Pecan Cheesecake that everyone in Connecticut used to love, so we’ll see how it goes over here:

the topping of pecans, brown sugar & caramel sauce

After dinner I spent a bit of time weaving in bobbin ends on the quilt and also got 1/2 way through ripping out the basting before heading upstairs at 8:30 to knit and veg  :~).

2 comments:

  1. no surprise on the cream cheese - I've seen you do math before !!! MJinCT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want you to bring that pattern to retreat. That's going to look amazing with the puzzle fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.