Friday, May 26, 2017

Show & Tell from SHQ, 2nd patriotic done, Connie's bread

Thursday morning (5/25) I briefly met our new neighbors Kay & Pete before they took off for a long weekend back home.  I’ll have to stop down with some bread or something when they get back on Tuesday.  I just couldn’t seem to pull myself together for quilting, so I just took knitting.  As always it was a fun time at quilting, with some fabulous cinnamon breakfast treat from Marge….YUM!  Show & tell was awesome: 

a better picture of the patriotic quilt

several people volunteered to take this home when I mentioned I wished it were a tiny bit wider

a quilt donated to Beds = Dreams

Jerri's embroidered pillow

June is making table runners I think for her church bazzaar

Mary Ann making Diane's sew & flip pattern

another convergence for Jeanne

Marge does a gorgeous job thread painting



















































































































and after a stop at the library I was home before 1 PM.  I got the house straightened up and the quilt on the bed before heading downstairs to continue to work on things.  Loree stopped by and I gave her a stack of magazines I forgot to take to quilting, and the last 2 pieces of the chocolate tart (my lips are sad…but my hips are glad :~)  Shortly after that I had a wonderful session on SKYPE with Mary Jo, and finally settled back into putting binding on the second patriotic quilt around 4 PM.  Michael got home at 5, and the very first thing he said when he walked in the bedroom was “oh honey, it looks beautiful” when he saw the new quilt  :~).  He got all unpacked, then we poured drinks and sat out on the deck for over an hour and he told me everything that happened on the trip.  He won $60 the first day for "closest to the pin" and his team won the championship on the last day of play.  Ralph had bought/brought gorgeous crystal trophies for the winning team:   


















We had a quick dinner, then Michael went through a bunch of his emails while I continued to sew the binding on the second patriotic quilt.  By the time we went to bed, my right hand was totally cramped from stitching down another label…but it doesn’t matter as the second quilt is done  :~):

BG/Loree - this is the "cool waters" pattern

Another bread student (Connie R) sent pictures of her accomplishments.... it is SO GREAT to see what the students are doing after they leave class:




1 comment:

  1. Cool Waters pattern question : Is it just an optical illusion that some of the strips look curved, or is that part of the pattern? Can't tell from a distance, but I think I would like this pattern too.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.