Saturday, May 6, 2017

deck, Elsie & Cookie, Cinnamon Star Bread

Other than SKYPE-ing with Janice on Friday morning (5/5)…no it didn’t work, so we talked on the phone for an hour instead….I spent the rest of the morning getting my blog out  :~).  That took a solid 2 hours....it always takes a long time when I have that many pictures...and haven't really written anything in advance.  The good news about the retreat?  I got FOUR patriotic quilt tops completed!!!  The bad news about the retreat?  I got FOUR patriotic quilt tops completed!!!  They will join the other 8 tops on my personal pile of to-be-quilted  :~(.  In addition, I have 2 quilts on the to-be-bound pile…I need to get cracking!  My own quilts always get set aside when I get customer quilts to do.  My honey returned some golf shoes in the morning (they sent the wrong size) and hit the grocery store and was home just as I finished up my computer stuff.  I headed upstairs to take pictures of the deck…they painted while I was gone and also uncovered our floor:  
















After that it was back to the studio.  I thought about getting back to Joanne’s quilt, but I knew I couldn’t complete it before the end of the evening….and it’s very hard to get back to where you left off on a quilt with that many rows (27)….so I decided to wait until early Saturday  morning, and instead looked through my stash for some baby fabric.  I spent the afternoon pulling out a bunch and watching a YOUTUBE video again for the pattern I am hoping to do.  I got all of my fabric together 


and even got some strips cut before Michael and Susan (across the street neighbor) left at 3:45 to work at the Fort Mill Strawberry Festival.  They volunteered, and their “pay” is sent directly to the Fort Mill Playhouse…making it a great fund raiser for the playhouse.  I knew they would be tired and cold when they got home at 9, so I hustled up to the kitchen and here’s what was going on the living room:  




Anyway, I put together Cinnamon Star Bread for their return.  






















Michael said it was yummy and we watched a bit of TV while we ate it before heading to bed.

Remember the pillow shams that Andi did at retreat?  Here's a picture of them on the bed, along with the quilt she completed last year:


I think they look beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. Baked with LOVE and delicious!!!


    Love ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The new deco looks fabulous! Love the wall and ceiling colors - what a bright, fun, and happy space you've created! You are going to LOVE sitting out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the deck in person.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.