Saturday, May 20, 2017

Cooper & Michael & Jan, pasta dish

I had one goal when I got up on Friday (5/19) and that was to finish the quilting on Barb’s quilt.  But first up was breakfast on the deck with my honey...it was beautiful outside:  


I felt bad for our lonely baby…sitting by the door…wanting to come out:  














But I told her that probably in a few short weeks she would be able to join us  :~).  After that I made sandwich dough (as we were totally out) and then headed downstairs.  I got 4 rows of quilting done before it was time to bake the bread….


OMgoodness....warm bread & butter.....YUM!!
























and we ran the extra 1/2 a loaf over to Jan…who has a new addition to her family:  






OMgoodness…Cooper is so soft and so cute and SO small!!!  Just a tiny little bundle of love!!  

By 4 PM the quilting was all done on Barb’s quilt, 


which was good because I said it would be a 2 week turnaround…and that’s tomorrow!  While the quilting was going on, I also got more of my baby blocks made.  I had to go upstairs to put dinner together around 4:30, a pasta dish the we both just love (even though it takes quite a bit of time and makes a LOT of dishes!), 

a layer of sauce

a pasta layer

a layer of cheese, then do it all again....

OMgoodness....it is so yummy!
and I also made a dark chocolate/strawberry tart for dessert on Saturday. 

here's the chocolate crust with a layer of strawberry jam
After after dinner I got all of the basting ripped out of Barb's quilt and all of the bobbin ends woven in and got it trimmed.  I was pooped by the time I stumbled upstairs at 9 PM, but very happy with what I accomplished :~).

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.