Wednesday, May 10, 2017

patriotic label, garage cleanout, Joe on deck, Cookie & Michael

Michael & Cookie & Susan & Charlie went for a walk first thing Tuesday morning (5/9) while I finished the last row on my first patriotic 

with only an inch to spare between the 1st layout and the 2nd!

and stitched out a label.  



After that we all headed to the chiro’s.  The beds on retreat were less than good…and my back has been killing me since I got home.  Tuesday morning I woke up with a wicked headache and knew it was from being out of alignment, so off we all went.  While I was getting adjusted, Sue & Charlie & Michael all walked down to some new construction, and figured out we are getting a putt-putt (miniature golf) in the near future.  After that we headed home (with a quick stop at the grocery store) and I lay down for 30 minutes with an ice pack on my eyes and forehead (at the direction of my chiropractor).  After that we sat out on the porch for a bit and I helped Sue get going on some socks she is knitting.  She was having several problems and hopefully I gave her enough tips to get her over the hump.  By then we decided to do something productive, so we hit the garage.  We wanted to clean out some stuff and re-arrange so that the grill could fit in the garage (since it can’t be on our covered deck anymore).  That took a couple of hours, and it looks great now....the grill fits nicely in a corner:  



new shorter table with all of my soap supplies under it

Joe (next door neighbor) came over to visit and came out to enjoy our not-quite-finished-but still-very-pleasant-to-sit-on deck :~):


When Joe left I headed inside to make some pudding for an ice box cake for Susan.  Michael and Sue’s mother made ice box cakes when they were growing up and when I started making them last year, Paula was so enamored that she asked me to make them for Cooking Fingers.  Sue hasn’t had one in a long time, so I put one together for our dessert.  

of course I forgot to take a nice picture of a serving with whipped cream!

We had PAPA MURPHY’S pizza for dinner, then played SHEIST and had dessert.  We ended up in the living room talking, and by the end of the night there were too very tired pumpkins on the chair:















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.