Sunday, May 14, 2017

baby blocks, artisan bread

Although it looked very overcast and ready to rain any minute, Michael headed out to golf on Saturday (5/13) around 8 AM (and managed to get in all 18 holes with a score of 80!!), while I headed to my studio.  I had some problems with the second patriotic and as I mentioned, Susie came over on Thursday to help me figure out what to do….so I got right on that and the quilting was finally done by dinnertime.  In the meantime I started to sew on the baby quilt.  I can’t remember if I mentioned what’s going on with it.  I know I showed you the picture of the “Tucson” fabric that a friend has asked me to make a quilt out of.  Well…the block I’ve chosen for the Tuscan quilt is a new stained glass block pattern and I’m not quite sure of what I’m doing, since I only watched a video of how to do it, and I am trying something a bit different….so I decided to do the baby quilt in the same pattern and make some notes along the way.  Since I’m not yet sure what I’m doing will work, I’m doing the BG/MJ method and only starting with one strip of each color to make sure it will work :~).  By dinnertime I had made a good start on some of the blocks:  

kind of what the block will look like

I've started adding the "leading" to the strips

almost there...leading is a 1/4 inch seam
and discovered that one thing I did, didn’t work…so I had to re-work that.  We had Italian Wedding Soup and artisan bread for dinner.  I baked 2 loaves 




and Michael ran one over to a friend Carol G, who recently had surgery.  Michael got a free REDBOX rental, so he watched that in the evening, while I worked a bit more on my baby blocks, and watched THE OPPOSITE SEX…an old movie on TCM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.