Sunday, May 28, 2017

savory "star" bread, Rock HIll theatre

Michael took off for golf at 8 AM on Saturday (5/27)….I can’t believe that the 2 of them that went to Pinehurst won’t be EXHAUSTED!!!  I spent over an hour in the morning weaving in bobbin ends and ripping out basting on the rainbow quilt.  I didn’t get it trimmed because I still have white “leading” on my cutting board, but after it’s trimmed you know what’s next right?  It goes to the dreaded 'to be bound' pile!  Next up was basting down 2 more patriotic quilts:   


And I got the program all set up and all of my bobbins wound.  After that I needed a little break, so headed out back to our basil.  I cut enough to make one run of pesto…














I’m going to try the Cinnamon Star Bread in a savory incarnation.  I took the basil and added garlic and just a touch of olive oil and sunflower seeds (I was out of pine nuts), then got the dough made and resting.  Michael came home from golf, very pleased with his 85 and we sat and talked for awhile before it was time to get ready for our guests.  I put together the “star” bread:  

a layer of dough spread with pesto

add on sun dried tomatoes

sprinkled with parmesan

add 3 more layers, cut and twist

SO poof-y...ready for baking

of course it just came out of the oven as guests arrived....there was NOT A CRUMB left  :-)
and we both took showers and got changed before our guests arrived at 5:30.  We had 14 people for dinner and a WONDERFUL selection of food:

deviled eggs

yummy quiche

meatballs

chicken & rice

















































yummy brownies


along with the juciest, reddest watermelon on skewers...it was wonderful and everyone seemed to enjoy it: 

Norma, Keith, hiding Anne, Madelyn

Paula

Sue's back, Roberta, Dennis, Harlan leaving

Norma

















































before leaving for the Rock Hill Theatre and PLAY ON.  As usual this play was hysterical and everyone laughed a lot!  We were home before 11 PM and ended up reading until midnight before finally falling into bed.

1 comment:

  1. I've started using toasted walnuts when I make pesto. I like the taste better than pine nuts and I always have walnuts around. Did you like the results of the savory star bread using pesto?

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.