Saturday, May 27, 2017

bunny, baby quilt blocks, rainbow quilting finished

This is what I saw first thing Friday morning (5/26) when I hit my studio:  



I fired up Miss Scarlett and started to finish the last 5 rows on the rainbow quilt.  While that was stitching out, I went back to my baby quilt and started to sew “leading” on the edges of my finished blocks:  




By mid-afternoon the rainbow was finished….YAY!!  


Although I do have a lot of extra ends to weave in as my thread broke several times.  After that, I pulled out 2 of my patriotic quilts to load them up, and that turned into a totally frustrating experience as I didn’t have enough fabric for the back.  I kept pulling out bolts and measuring and measuring and finally went upstairs to Michael and said “you’re not going to believe this, but I don’t have enough fabric”!!!  I finally picked some blue that I still have in 108 wide and got the backing loaded and the first quilt just laid on.  


While I was working, Cookie decided to check out my baby quilt and give me some pointers: 


I headed upstairs at 7:30 for popcorn and snuggling with my honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.