Sunday, May 21, 2017

labels, new quilt on Miss Scarlett, new fancy tart, Michael & Elsie

Michael left around 7:30 AM for golf on Saturday (5/20)…YIKES!!!  Those tee times seem to get earlier and earlier.  I was up before he left with a lot of loose ends to get through.  First up, making more labels for patriotic quilts (I hope to be very productive in May!):  


Those stitched out for most of the day...and by the time they were done I was very ready for QUIET!!!  Then I got a new quilt layered and basted:















The green that I used on the front I still have on a rolls of 108 wide...so I just had to cut and iron it.  That and straightening up my studio seemed to take all day!!  Susan came over at 4 PM and we cut into my dark chocolate/strawberry tart:  



Michael said it was like something you’d find in a fine restaurant!!!  We all talked for about an hour, then Michael and I had to get showered and changed to leave for Fort Mill Playhouse, where we worked concessions for IMPROMPTU, a singing group.   We were home just after 9 PM and decided to read for the rest of the night.  I have started a new murder mystery series and it is wicked hard to put it down!!!  It’s a very unusual premise, and I can’t wait to read the other books in the series, as well as other series by this author.  I just finished the first book: YOU’VE GOT MURDER by Donna Andrews.  It will be hard not to spend all of the time Michael is in Pinehurst reading (since I have the next 3 in the series from the library)…but I already have a list of things I want to get done  :~).  Michael got to bed just a bit ahead of me…and I know I’ve been posting pictures of Elsie on her perch, but THIS is really her favorite spot:


2 comments:

  1. Your chocolate dessert looks most luscious! !!!! Sometimes for a special dinner, it's nice to have a special dessert, even if it is more work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have missed the blog with the your new quilt finished for your bed as I see Micheal was under it.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.