Wednesday, May 31, 2017

princess on perch, deck is done!, first harvest

I left at 8 AM on Tuesday (5/30) for shopping at WALMART, AT HOME and Southern Spirits, but before I left I managed to snap a few pics of the princess on her perch:   



no pictures while I'm sleeping!!
I got home just after 11 AM and the workmen had been there about 2 hours to install the windows on our porch:  














They were finally done around 2 PM and Michael and I sat out on our finished deck (except for a punch list of about 6 very small items to be corrected) and talked and talked…it was so lovely  :~).  Someone else decided to explore for just a bit:  

what is this new and mysterious place?

first steps


I eventually left my honey relaxing: 


and headed to my studio.  I finished up the inside of the baby quilt:  


I hope to put a small white border around it, then a larger border of all of the colors before quilting it.  Michael came down to play with Cookie in the back yard and gleaned our first harvest: 

cherry tomatoes

We had leftover Chinese for dinner before Larry picked up Michael at 6 PM to go and see GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.  While I was watching TV in the evening, I got both of the patriotic quilts off of the frame, all of the bobbin ends tied in and all of the basting ripped out.  I’d love to have them both labeled and bound before we leave to visit the kids!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.