Monday, May 22, 2017

Jan, Susie, Paula, champagne

We had a wonderful breakfast on Sunday morning (5/21):  

bacon

yummy potatoes

waffles


along with a wonderful guest:  

hamming it up for the camera!

I spent the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon writing out and addressing notes to approximately 40 people who were previous members of Fort Mill Community Playhouse, but have not yet joined this year (as Michael is part of the membership committee and I am helping him!)  Meanwhile, after cleaning up the kitchen, he was busy packing for his 3-1/2 day trip to Pinehurst.  As I mentioned, I have ambitious goals to complete while he is gone, one of which is to quilt 3 of my own quilts.  So, the minute I was finished with the note cards, I fired up Miss Scarlett to work on the program for the newest rainbow quilt.  While the quilting was going on in the afternoon (I liked the pattern Barb M picked....so I stuck with that, but of course am using variegated rainbow colored thread):














I had 2 visitors stop by (at separate times) to try out my chocolate/strawberry tart:  

Susie

Paula

































And I got 6 rows done (out of 17) on my rainbow quilt by 6 PM.  Michael and I decided to break out the champagne 



(it’s practically a health food with all of those berries in it…right?)….we never did celebrate my return from the QUAP retreat….and we’re also celebrating how much fun he’ll have on his golfing retreat at Pinehurst.  After that it was leftovers for dinner and while watching TV I got 2 of my patriotic labels cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.