Wednesday, May 24, 2017

our bed quilt totally finished!, name badges, purse, bread

It took quite a bit of time to get my blog out Tuesday morning (5/23)…it always does when I have that many pictures, but by 9 AM I was back working on my bed quilt again.  First up was making a label for the quilt:  


















I couldn’t sew any more of the binding on until I finished the label....because heaven forbid I should hand stitch down all FOUR sides of the label instead of catching 2 of them in the binding so that I only have to hand stitch 2 sides :~).  Then, because I had my embroidery machine on, I decided to make some additional name tags for myself.  


I NEVER have one when I go to machine embroidery club, so I think I’ll just keep one of these in my purse so that I have one all of the time.  I worked on and off on the binding all day (with for some reason many interruptions for phone calls :~), and by dinnertime I had started to put the binding on the second (right) side of the quilt.  By the time Michael called me in the evening, the quilt was totally done!!!  So, we’ll be going from this:  


don't ya think we really needed a new one?!?!?


to this:  

made TOTALLY from scraps!

















I’m not going to put it on the bed to sleep under until Thursday night when Michael is home.  When he called in the evening, he told me that one of the guys he is golfing with, gave out one of my patriotic quilts….and the guy receiving it broke down and cried….of course…I can’t WAIT to get more done….so after we hung up, I ran downstairs and grabbed the 2 quilts I have quilted and stayed up to rip the basting out before going to bed. 


I have more exciting pictures to show you…..Arizona Mary (from the QUAP retreat….you remember QUAP…right???  Quilt-a-holics…and Pat) finished a gorgeous woven & lined purse:  



and bread student June S is up in New York, but hasn’t given up her bread making skills…this is a rye bread she made with a friend:




2 comments:

  1. New bed quilt is Gorgeous !!! How wonderful that your QOV quilts bring so much appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new quilt! Beautiful colors! Wonderful QOV story too!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.