Sunday, April 10, 2016

soup, 4 new squares for SHQ charity quilt, new blocks from scraps, Loree & Reg, Evelyn & Phil, appetizer, elair dessert



Michael was up just after 6 for golf here at SCCL on Saturday (4/9).  I was still a bit tired, and didn’t get up until after 7, but was soon in the studio finishing up Shirley’s 3rd quilt.  By the time I was finished stitching, it was 10 AM and time to head to the kitchen to get my dinner in the crockpot.  The high today is only supposed to be 58 degrees…so it’s soup weather :~)…and this time it’s Italian Wedding Soup:   

 
a bunch of diced meatballs & a chopped parmesan rind

carrots/celery/spices




























When I came back to the studio, I finished up the 4 new squares for our Scrap Happy charity quilt:   



 So it went from this:   




 to this: 

 (Those of you who know me well will realize that I just HAD to have that left side made into complete diamonds!)  After that I trimmed Shirley’s quilt and I know I should have started to load up Miss Scarlet with a double length of blue polar fleece (for patriotic 2 & 3)…but I wanted to have a little fun instead.  I felt I deserved it after doing 4 customer quilts in a week!  I need a clean sewing drawer for a long term project, so I decided to finally tackle a drawer of scraps that have been plaguing me.  They were so beautiful I didn’t want to throw them out…but never knew what to do with them.  Over the course of the afternoon, I went from this:  



to this:  
3-1/2 inch and 5 inch blocks

But…I think I’m going to have to continue working on this on Sunday to get it all cleared out, since there's still a pile of scraps left.  I SWEAR they multiplied while I was making the blocks!  At 5 Pm I went upstairs to set the table and make up the popover mixture and at 6 PM, Loree & Reg and Evelyn & Phil came by for dinner: 

 
Loree & Evelyn

Reg & Phil




























Evelyn brought a yummy cheese/artichoke hot dip for our appetizer:  

After which we settled in for the soup and popovers.  We played a couple of hands of SEVENS (a new card game Paula taught us when we were there last) and then switched over to Mexican Train.  We played that until 8, and stopped for a FABULOUS dessert of eclair cake that Loree brought:



 
We played Mexican for a bit longer before everyone left.  Michael had taped the end of THE MASTERS coverage, so he stayed up to watch that.  I was pooped and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.