Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Elsie & Cookie a bunch, Trader Joes @ cooking Fingers, patriotic - 2 loaded up



Michael was up at 6 AM on Monday (4/11) for golfing in Lancaster.  I think I overdid it yesterday…I didn’t get up until 7:30.  I only had a bit of time in the morning before leaving for Cooking Fingers, so I spent the time running through all of my food blogs and stitching out another label for my friend.  When I came upstairs….apparently Elsie got the coveted spot first:   

big stretch...time to change position

ahh_h_h


so Cookie was relegated to her bed in the kitchen:  













 But by the time I got home Elsie had moved, and Cookie claimed her normal spot:   


We did not have residents doing demoes today at the meeting; instead, people from TRADER JOES came by to show us some of their products.  One of the coolest things was that when I signed in, I asked if anyone had dropped out at the last minute because I had a friend standing by the phone.  The check-in  people indicated no…but darned if 10 minutes later the guy didn’t come in and ask “who asked about a last minute drop in”?  So, I called my friend Pat and she got to attend.  The food was awesome!  They had a spinach salad, with craisens & sugared pecans & feta cheese:

 Then we had chicken piccata with roasted cauliflower and orzo:

















Dessert was a turtle brownie (I brought that home for my honey!)  

 I got home after NOON and worked on my scraps until 1:30 when I got dressed and headed back to the Lake House for water walking with Pat.  Actually, while I was scrap working, a guy from the modification committee came by to check out our back garden.  I want to go to containers rather than in the ground, so that weeding would be much easier.  The approval meeting is this Wednesday and he needed to scope out what I really wanted to do.  Pat and I water walked for over an hour, then she drove me home.  I had an extra quart of Italian Wedding soup, so she took it home for dinner.  I continued to work on my scraps until I heated up soup for Michael for dinner.  By the time I finished sewing, I had made 70 – 5inch squares and 44 3-1/2 inch squares.  AND more importantly, cleared out 2 of my drawers….I feel really good about that  :~).  Michael ate and took off for his FMCP board meeting and I made a mushroom/cheese omelet for dinner and headed back to my studio.  I got patriotic – 2 loaded up 
 
and some of the rows stitched out as well as getting all of the blocks for patriotic – 3 into rows.  By then it was 9 PM and I was pooped.  I headed upstairs to knit and watch TV until my honey got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.