Saturday, April 9, 2016

new notecard, hydrangea, fruit, gift card, Cookie & Elsie a duex



I was up at 5:15 AM Friday (4/8) to take a friend into Charlotte for some eye surgery.  I had a new book, my knitting and my breakfast, so the wait wasn’t bad at all.  My friend Barb had a blocked tear duct that they haven’t been able to unblock, so surgery was required.  Man…that place was a factory with people moving right along the conveyor belt for all kinds of surgery.  Barb came through like a champ and after dropping off her prescriptions we were home before 2 PM.  My honey was a whirlwind of activity while I was gone; he changed all of the smoke detector batteries, changed all of the filters for the furnace, hung up his new artwork (more on that hopefully tomorrow), dried and folded all of the laundry, and was drawing a new notecard and watching THE MASTERS coverage by the time I got home:


 I relaxed for a bit and read my book, then made an omelet for my lunch, and eventually headed out to pick up the prescriptions and deliver them.  I think Barb had taken a little nap, and she was feeling pretty good…the eye patch is a pain and the eye a bit itchy…luckily the patch can come off tomorrow.  When I got home I was totally lazy and finished up my book.  Michael and I must be doing something right because we received 3 thanks yous in 2 days for things that we didn’t even think about doing….I got a beautiful hydrangea plant (in my favorite color no less):   

We got one of those fruit bouquets:  


and a VERY generous gift card (from Barb and her hubby Al) to a great restaurant:  

 By the time I finished my book it was dinnertime, and I made shrimp scampi for my honey…he hasn’t had it in forever and said it was scrumptious.  He wanted to get caught up on his emails after dinner, so we headed downstairs and I got 2 more rows done on the quilt while he was working….and again…there was major snuggling going on:














I don’t know what’s going on with those two lately…but I love it!  After that, it was knitting and TV watching time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.