Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Shirley's #2 done, Cookie & Elsie a duex, VOTE!!



I hopped up early on Tuesday (4/5) to finish the last row on the quilt.  This was definitely a challenging quilt to do.  I think it must have been pieced many, many years ago…it had a mix of fabrics…some very thin cotton, some double knit (!!), some regular cotton.  It was made of small blocks which were hand pieced, set on point.  The outside edges were all bias and over the years have stretched quite a bit…causing them to ripple.  I had to slow my machine down and watch every stitch, finessing in the extra fabric with my fingers, so as not to get any pleats/puckers.  I also found 2 seams that were no longer sewn….one when I was ironing the top (which I fixed on my own sewing machine) and one while I was quilting!!!  I am very glad it is done :~) 

 and I’m sure it will be wonderful for the grandkids to get something hand made by grandma.  Michael left just after 9 for a foot doc appointment, a stop to pick up his new artwork, and to get a bunch of groceries.  I decided to take a short break from quilting and continued to work on my patriotic (3) blocks.  I got 4 done by the time I left for Stitch and Chat, and 4 more before dinner.   When I went upstairs in the afternoon….some “people” were just settling in for another nap:   














Larry picked Michael up just before 7 PM for the movies, and I finished the last 4 blocks in the evening.  You know what that means?  It’s time to vote (probably the last time for awhile):

 
choice "A"

choice "B"




























Michael was home by 10 PM and stayed up to watch his taped,  UCONN ladies win it all...YAY!!!

5 comments:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.