Sunday, April 24, 2016

Michael on deck, sugar cookies, Elsie & Cookie a bunch, champagne



Saturday morning (4/23) was our first breakfast on the deck for the year:   

After that I put together almond sugar cookie dough and left it in the fridge to chill.  I headed to the studio to get cracking on finishing up a few things.  I did the last 3 quilting rows on patriotic 3, while continuing to sew blocks together for the leftovers quilt.  By then I figured the dough was chilled and I headed upstairs to bake cookies.  


 I always feel like my friend Pat does so much for me, and I don’t really get a chance to reciprocate.  She is leaving tomorrow for a sewing retreat in Paducah, KY, and I know she likes these cookies…so I thought I would bake her a few to take on her trip.  There was lots of snuggling going on while I baked….guess they missed each other while we were at the beach:   




I headed out to deliver cookies to several people….2 of our neighbors helped with our mail and our cat while we were gone, so I dropped cookies off there…then headed to Pat’s.  I gave her the cookies and then we spent a lovely hour on her back porch, drinking cougartinis and talking.  By the time I got home it was dinnertime, and Michael popped open a bottle of champagne.  

Why the champagne?  Because patriotic 3 was quilt number ONE HUNDRED!!!  Yep, I have quilted 100 quilts on Miss Scarlet, so we decided to celebrate.  We had champagne and popcorn in the evening and watched a James Bond flick.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.