Monday, April 4, 2016

Shirley's first quilt, swirl pattern, start of patriotic (3)



Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (4/3), while I headed to my studio with my tea to get cracking on Shirley’s first quilt:   


 Before I could begin, I needed to load the 10 longarm designs I recently bought, as I wanted to use one of them on her quilt.  This always takes me a bit of time, but by 10 AM I was finally done and got the quilt basted down and the program ready to go.  I worked on it all day, and by late afternoon I was done.  I love the swirl pattern I picked:  

A picture of the whole thing hopefully tomorrow when she picks it up. 

I did take off about an hour to finally dig all of the ham pieces off the bone to make ham salad (or as Michael calls it “ham & pickle”) and it tasted AWESOME!  Michael wanted to watch the UCONN ladies in the final four, so I stayed in the studio, working on patriotic (3) and got 4 more blocks done:    

After that I joined him for TV and started knitting a new charity hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.