Saturday, April 2, 2016

cookies



Saturday (4/1) started out to be such a fabulous day, I was baking….
sugar cookies with almond flavoring

butter cookies with Ghiardellie chocolate buttons




























singing….occasionally eating a warm cookie :~)…which turned DREADFUL in the afternoon from a phone call and picked back up to good after water walking with Pat and talking on the phone with other friends.  Let me just say that if I didn’t understand the meaning before…I DEFINITELY learned the meaning of  “no good deed goes unpunished”.  The good deed was getting a fabulous group of ladies together at quilting to have lots of fun, lots of laughs, and a finished quilt top at the end.  The punished was learning that there are petty/jealous people everywhere who need to GET A LIFE!!!  I am more than grateful that when someone tries to ruin my day/mood/life, I have TERRIFIC friends to turn to, to pick me up, dust me off, tell me they love me and that I am not the problem.  That is going to be my take-away from this day…I am SO BLESSED to have loving supportive people in my life and I feel sorry for others whose only joy is in tearing someone else down.  So, to the three people I talked to today….I love you, and I am so lucky to have you in my life.

In other news, it was a morning and early afternoon of baking treats to serve at the Fort Mill Playhouse comedy night…water walking with Pat at 2 PM, coming home to hugs and kisses from my honey (the most supportive husband on earth!), and an evening spent laughing and hawking our wares at the club.

1 comment:

  1. Some miserable examples of humanity are only happy if they can spread their misery to others. Screw them for trying to dim your light. Let them be lonely, miserable asses under their rocks! I don't even know them but I want to tear them a new one...or two. Jerks!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.