Saturday, April 23, 2016

porch swing, Cookie a trois, patriotic 3 being quilted, Pat/Sharon/Joyce, Jeremy, Keith



Michael and I had a fabulous time at Ocean Isle Beach with Gale & Phil over the last 5 days.  The guys played golf, we took a boat cruise and we all ate LOTS of fabulous seafood.  I spent a lot of time here: 
back porch swing

drinking my tea watching the sun rise, knitting, reading my book…..I LOVE swings.  It was on the back porch, overlooking a boat inlet.  While we were gone, Cookie stayed with a new dog sitter named Cindy.  Cindy was an absolute hoot…she sent me pics every day, with cute captions.  The first one was a selfie; Cindy said the hardest thing was teaching Cookie when to put her paw on the screen to snap the pic  :~):



 But my princess also found her favorite spot, the back of Cindy's couch, on top of a throw:




We spent Friday (4/22), unpacking, doing laundry and in general just getting back into our routine.  I made myself a mushroom cheese omelet in the morning so that I could power through my day:

 then headed to my "quilting den".  I did get some quilting done, got patriotic 3 loaded up and most of the quilting done:   


















I hope to finish up over the weekend.  At 6 PM we headed over to George & Pat’s for dinner and games.  Joyce & Jeremy and Sharon & Keith were also there 
Pat (hostess), Sharon, Joyce

Jeremy

Keith

 and after our appetizers (crab/shrimp dip and cheese dip):


we had a fabulous meal of Chicago bread, Cesar Salad and Chicken ala George (which was chicken breasts stuffed with crab & mushrooms, then covered with crumbs and an alfredo sauce):















There were lots and lots of laughs as we played PICTIONARY after dinner (naturally the gals won  :~) 

 
and after an incredible dessert of German Chocolate Cake and ice cream, we finally headed home around 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.