Saturday, April 30, 2016

Pat's retreat projects, my "ribbon", Sandy's pattern


Friday (4/29) started out with breakfast on the deck once again, then Michael ran a few errands while I headed to my studio.  It took me several hours to get the program done for Sandy’s quilt and by then Pat called and asked me to come for a visit.  I got to see everything she completed at retreat and BOY was it a LOT: 
 
the outside ones are 2 tops for Clinton...YAY!!
 
We sat and talked and talked and talked and finally I told her I had to get home as our landscaper was supposed to be coming at 4:30.  Well, they called and rescheduled for 9 AM on Saturday :~(.  BTW, when I got home from Pat’s, this was what greeted me over by my desk: 
 
 
 
My honey thought I should have a ribbon as well for the winning quilt…so he printed out the picture and hung it by my desk  :~).  I got a start on Sandy’s quilt and I LOVE this pattern:  
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Big swooping swirls of a feather…it looks beautiful on the quilt.  And even though Sandy never stopped by to see the thread color...I think she's going to love the one I picked out as well.  I baked the second pot pie-wich (you know…like my ruebenwich) for dinner and it was smurfy.  I sewed until 9 PM, then came upstairs for a bit of TV before bed.

1 comment:

  1. I love the swooping feather design as well !!! Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.