Thursday, April 7, 2016

Shirley's quilt #3, Cookie & Elsie a lot!



Michael had a leisurely morning on Wednesday (4/6), since his tee off time wasn’t until 1 PM due him being in the SCCL MGA (Men’s Golf Association) kick-off  tournament.  I got Shirley’s 3rd quilt loaded up 


and had just started working on the program when Pat called to go water walking.  We walked for over an hour and I decided to have lunch and read a bit when I got home.  By then it was time to go over to Susan’s to find out what she wants us to do while she is on vacation for a month.   So...many years ago (probably about 25), I got a beautiful Irish mohair throw from a very dear friend who is no longer living.  It usually lives thrown over the back of a chair in the living room.  If I ever try to take a nap, and use it around my shoulders, Elsie and Cookie ALWAYS come to take a nap with me...I guess they like mohair as much as I do.  So it was no surprise to me when I got home from Susan’s and saw this (apparently the mohair throw fell off the back of the chair):



















 Anyway, I read my book for a bit in the afternoon, and finally headed back downstairs to work on Shirley’s quilt.  I got 2 rows stitched out before Michael finally came home around 7 PM.  He said golf was good, they had a good time…and the dinner they provided was great.  I SKYPED with Janice for an hour (and it actually worked!) and then talked with Jan for about 45 minutes.  Walt will be moving on Thursday from the hospital to a rehab facility.  After that I had time to watch TV for about 1/2 an hour with my honey before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.