Monday, April 25, 2016

large binding on spool, patriotic 1-2-3 totally finished!



Michael didn’t get to play golf on Saturday due to some kind of tournament, so Sunday (4/24) was his omelet day in preparation for an 11 AM tee off time.  For me, after a nice lo-o-ong talk with BG (she has been on FIRE, sewing while Steven is at the cabin), Sunday was all about veterans.  I worked hard all morning and afternoon and got patriotic 2 & 3 totally bound and labeled….YAY!!!  I had a HUGE roll of binding for both of the quilts, and I didn’t want it to get twisted or wrinkled, so I put the roll on one of my thread spindles and pulled it off as needed:

if you look at the far right there's another bunch of teal sashing strips staying un-wrinkled



























 It worked out REALLY well :~)  I think the VFW will have some kind of program in May to give out these quilts….I am THRILLED…and will continue to work on others for donations later in the year.   

patriotic 2
patriotic 3
patriotic 1


 I still find it amazing that all 3 quilts started out with 10 blue squares, 10 red squares and 20 cream squares.  I made the disappearing hour glass block for all of the quilts...but all 3 of them are slightly different looking...totally cool  :~).

By the time I was finished, it was dinner and we had a yummy new brand of pierogis, then settled in downstairs for a couple of hours.  I worked on my long term empty drawer project (pictures hopefully this week), while Michael worked on his computer.  Eventually we headed upstairs for a bit more TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.