Friday, April 1, 2016

charity day at Osceola, new customer quilt



Once again, without Michael packing the car for me to go to quilting, I would NEVER get there when I want to :~).  Thursday (3/31) was charity day at Scrap Happy Quilting.  I had a team of 8 people:  















who worked like a well oiled machine to put together a really pretty quilt from leftover strips:  

 I am going to quilt it and 2 other people on the team will bind it.  These quilts are part of our PRAYERS & SQUARES ministry and are given out upon request to people with health issues.  I had leftover Elephant Chicken Soup from making it last week…so I took my crockpot to the church to heat it up and that’s what the team had for lunch.  I think everyone liked it…several people went back for seconds (including me!) and 2 people asked for the recipe.  I was home by 1:30, but I was absolutely beat…so I sat in my chair and read my book until Michael came home at 4:30.  Jeanette stopped by to drop off a quilt, which I got loaded up 


before meeting Jan at 7:30 for ice cream.  Jan has been going back and forth to the hospital in Charlotte (Walt fell and also had a seizure and they wanted to keep him a few days for observation), so we agreed to meet for ice cream on her way home.  We sat and talked for about an hour before going our separate ways.  I came home and watched TV with my honey until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.