Thursday, April 28, 2016

first rose of the season, bread, Sandy's quilt started, ribbon



This is what greeted Michael when he sat down to breakfast Wednesday morning (4/27):  















 He asked me if I had picked it at mid-night, right before I came to bed and I said yes  :~).  He left for golf and I started to put together bread dough.  I haven’t made bread in FOREVER, since Michael said he wanted to give up bread for the month of April.  But, Susan (across the street neighbor) comes home today from a 3 week vacation, and I wanted to stock her fridge with eggs and bread, so I baked 4 mini-loaves: 



one to Susan, one to each of two neighbors (Ann Mary and Joe) that watched our house while we were at the beach, and one for us.  I was downstairs loading up a quilt while the bread was baking and when I came upstairs to take it out of the oven…it truly smelled like HEAVEN!!!  Is there any better smell than the smell of bread baking???  I don’t think so  :~).  It took me quilt awhile to get Sandy’s quilt loaded…at about 97 inches square, it will be the biggest one I have ever done.   


I will take my tablet to quilting so that she can pick out a design, and she is going to stop by my house on the way home from quilting to look at thread.  I have done 3 quilts for her previously and she has really liked the thread I picked out…but this quilt is MUCH lighter in color than any of the others, so I want her opinion.  Sandy is the one who won a second place ribbon at the Charlotte Quilt Show for a quilt I quilted and she sent me a picture since she keeps saying that BOTH of us won the ribbon, but the quilter gets to keep it :~):



I read my book for a good bit of the afternoon (and eventually I have to tell you about these series of books Jan & I are reading....I've read 8 of them and they are really cute/good), and Michael and I had the rest of the pizza for dinner….it was SO GOOD!!  I SKYPED with Janice in the evening (and after 20 minutes of problems, SKYPE finally settled down), and got to hear all about her new job…that was cool.  After that it was TV and snuggling with my honey until bed.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.