Wednesday, April 27, 2016

leftovers quilt top finished



Michael left early again on Tuesday (4/26) for the second day of his fund raising seminar.  He said there were a lot of good ideas for the Fort Mill Playhouse, but he is not sure they will be able to get it off the ground.  There are a lot of people on the committee and no one seems strong enough to steer the group and make some decisions.  Guess we’ll have to wait to see how it plays out.  Other than going to Stitch & Chat with Joanne, I spent all day on the “leftovers” quilt and by dinnertime it was done  :~).  It is quite a patchwork…I couldn’t even begin to guess how many different fabrics are in it, but it used up a TON of leftovers and I think it’s very colorful.  I used up almost all of the 5 inch blocks I made out of scraps and 18 of the 3-1/2 inch blocks as well.  It ended up being 60 inches by 70 inches….so larger than a typical Clinton School quilt…I will have to think on what to use as a backing...although I might finally try piecing polar fleece for the back:
1/2 of the start of it all

other 1/2 of the beginning

combining those 2 to make it rectangular

blocks made from cleaning scraps from 2 drawers

more blocks

adding sashing between blocks

adding dragonfly fabric for inner border

more blocks on bottom

and on top...

more dragonfly to complete inner border

ta-da!


 Michael and I haven’t had pizza in FOREVER….and we were both thinking of $10 Tuesdays at Figaro’s…so that’s what we got.  Then Michael left for the movies and I left to head over to Jan’s.  We talked for 3 hours and solved all of the problems of the world before I headed home.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmm... Pizza ! I'm craving it too. Great job on using up those leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.