Friday, April 15, 2016

Paul McCartney lithograph

I spent Thursday morning (4/14) at quilting and it was great.  I am finally at the point where I am sewing the 3 strips which make up my blocks…together…another couple of weeks and I should have all strips sewn into blocks.  Then I will bring them home and put them on my design wall…and I will FINALLY get to take a NEW project to quilting…..YAY!!!  When I got home in the afternoon, I continued to make blocks for the next go around with the “leftovers” quilt.  Michael and I left around 5 PM to pick up Gale & Phil and head on over to THE FISH MARKET in Baxter Village.  I had grilled scallops with bacon/parmesan risotto, onion jam and tempura asparagus…. HEAVEN on a plate!  Michael had shrimp & pasta, while Phil had trout and Gale had salmon.  All of our meals were excellent and even though I only ate 1/2 of my dinner, I came home stuffed.  Michael and I watched TV for the rest of the evening.

**************
 
Finally, a shorter blog post with no pictures so I can tell you about Michael’s newest artwork.  Like me with Princess Diana or Princess Kate, Michael loves all things Paul McCartney.  Recently, Paul has branched out from music to fulfill his creativity by painting.  A nearby gallery had a showing of lithographs of his paintings, and Michael went to check it out.

 
This is a signed and numbered lithograph of one of Paul’s paintings.  He’s been preoccupied by Celtic symbolism lately and that resulted in a series of paintings that he calls the Celtics.  He is trying to show the connections between all ancient civilizations.  This is from one of those paintings.  Michael has it hanging in his “man cave”, where he can see it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.