Friday, April 29, 2016

front garden flowers, Elsie a duex, Sally & Ginny & Gale & Ann Mary, pot pie-wich



I couldn’t believe the cold weather we had through almost all of April, but the worm has turned and boy….don’t the plants know it.  Everything is bursting into bloom:
 
our iris

Michael's oxalis that comes back year after year

one of our rose bushes



When I came in from taking those pics, Elsie was snuggled up in a new place (she looked SO cozy):











 

My friend Sally invited a group of ladies over for breakfast Thursday morning (4/28):
Sally & Ginny in back, Gale & Ann Mary in front


 She had a crustless quiche, mixed fruit with honey/yoghurt topping and Hawaiian bread…YUM!  We all had a great time eating and sitting around talking about everything under the sun.  I finally left around 11 AM so that I could at least greet the people at quilting before it was time to come home.  I read my book in the afternoon, then put together a smurfy dinner!  I made a pot pie only once over the winter :~(, and  had about a quart of filling left over.  By the next day it was a solid mass, and I threw it in the freezer.  Well, I got that out and thawed it, then made some rosemary dough and layered the filling down the center, then braided the sides over and baked it….OMG…it was YUMMY!  

















 I made 2 at once and will bake the other one on Friday night.  My honey and I separated for an hour after dinner so that I could get a bit of sewing done, then got back together for relaxing and TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.