Sunday, April 3, 2016

Cookie & Elsie a duex, Jeanette's quilt



So…if you’re paying attention you may have noticed that I started out the blog yesterday thinking it was Saturday…it was NOT!  It was Friday, April 1st.  One of the very few hazards of being retired is that many times you don’t know what day (or even what week!) it is…..so this entry REALLY covers Saturday, April 2nd.  Michael left around 8 AM for golf…I was moving very slowly today.  Friday definitely took an emotional toll on me…I woke up on Saturday feeling like I had been run over by a truck.  But, I kept putting one foot in front of the other, and got Jeanette’s quilt totally quilted by 2 PM.  At one point I came upstairs for some lunch, and found out my suspicions were correct.  Whenever I see the dog and cat sleeping together…I know it’s because Cookie (the dog) got there first, then Elsie (the cat) came along afterwards and climbed on top of her.  When I came upstairs, this is what I saw:  

 While I was in the kitchen, Cookie hopped down to bark out the front door at someone….when she was done, she wouldn’t go back and join Elsie (even though that is her favorite place!)  Instead, she headed over to my chair:   

I had a lovely visit from Pat, who needed a little help making the eye glass cases that I made many years ago, and she also took my third set of cookies with her to a party she was attending in the afternoon.  These oatmeal/chocolate/peanut butter cookies came out WAY too messy to take to the theatre last night, so I put them in cupcake liners and they (hopefully) made Pat’s friends happy, and also our neighbor’s Anne & Bryce across the street (Michael ran a plate over to then near dinnertime).  I spent a bit of time weaving in ends on Jeanette’s quilt and getting it trimmed…and she swung by to pick it up later in the afternoon:  

I had a quick sandwich for dinner, while Michael had yoghurt and fruit and we headed into Charlotte for the symphony pops.  It was called BOND AND BEYOND and the music was FABULOUS!!!  Themes from many of the Bond movies, as well as Superman, Star Wars, Star Trek and others.  We loved everything about it and were very sorry to hear it end.  We were home by 11 and read for a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.