Wednesday, April 13, 2016

new "leftovers" quilt started, labels done



I got the patriotic – 3 top almost all sewn together Tuesday morning (4/12);  which was good because it left my design wall empty.  I found this (I think it was the start of a pillow sham out of leftovers from a quilt I made, but I didn't like that it was square, so I abandoned it):  

when I was looking for strips for the Scrap Happy charity quilt, and I found these:   


 while cleaning out those 2 drawers.  I’m putting the center up on the design wall and I’m going to work on making it into a quilt of leftovers…I’ll keep taking pictures of the progress.  I finished all 8 of the labels for my friend:

and almost finished  quilting patriotic – 2:



 before it was time to leave for Stitch & Chat.  I took 2 of my fish quilts for show and tell and everyone seemed to like them.  The nicest thing about S&C was that Joanne was safely back from her river cruise to Brussels, so that was great.  I ran errands on the way home and didn’t get much of anything else accomplished before we left at 5 to pick up Larry & Evelyn, to head off to Ruby Tuesday.  We had a lovely dinner (although the restaurant was slammed and didn’t really have enough wait staff…so it took a LONG time to get our food), and then went to see MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING 2, which we all enjoyed.  We were home by 10:30 and spent a bit of time with a glass of wine and our books before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.