Wednesday, July 30, 2014


Monday morning (7/28) Jan and I were off early to Gastonia….we hit Mary Jo’s first (Jan needed backing for a quilt) then it was off to SEW MUCH FUN (a fabulous quilt store) with an incredible gift certificate from a group of ladies that came to the birthday party…WHOO HOO!!!  Even though I said ‘no gifts’, I had a FABULOUS time spending it  J.  By the time we got home it was almost 2 PM and I was beat (shopping for fabric is hard work!!)….Michael came home from Mint Hill shortly afterwards with a score of 87 and he was beat also.  We took a nap for an hour and I woke up to find out I had missed my hair appointment.  Lisa is such a doll that she will fit me in at 2:15 on Tuesday.  I spent a bit of time in the studio, back to working on secret things J, and after restaurant leftovers for dinner, we watched TV and headed for bed.

 *************************************

Tuesday morning (7/29) Michael left early for errands and I spent the morning writing thank you notes, and then tackling paperwork….and paperwork…and more paperwork.  The problem is that just because you retire, the paperwork not only doesn’t stop…but it seems to increase…and you totally resent it more!!!  Just after 1 I headed up to Stitch & Chat, and then left just after 2 to get my hair done.  I was home around 4, and headed over to Jean’s to drop off thread she wanted….we ended up sitting in the driveway talking for over an hour.  Donna came over as well and it was very nice to chat with her…I rarely get to see her.  By the time I got home, Michael was just finishing up his dinner and he headed out to the movies with Larry to see LUCY.  I knit for a bit while watching TV.  The movie was short…he was home by 9:30 and we watched TV for just a bit, then hit the sack.

PS – I leave early Thursday morning to visit Ginny in Virginia, so no blog posts until probably next Tuesday morning, August 5th.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.