Friday, July 4, 2014

new tumbling blocks


We had breakfast out on the deck Sunday morning (6/29); it was lovely and cool out.  Afterwards I spent a bit of time finishing off Michael’s yoghurt (getting it into containers with fruit and homemade preserves) before getting to sew once again.  Michael did all of his monthly chores and then got to relax and watched golf in the afternoon.  I finished up all of my new purple/green tumbling blocks,

 
do you see the difference from the old to the new?  Here are the old ones…
 
 
yep, the old ones are just one color with 3 shades (light/medium/dark)…the new ones are 2 colors, with all 3 shades of the 2 colors.  That took me quite a bit of time to figure out how to do it!

After that, I unfolded my newly dyed blue and burgundy fabrics….bad news….I only ordered a 1/4 yard of them….and the hand dye-er sent me fat quarters instead  L.  I don’t like fat quarters and don’t use them….we corresponded through email and she will re-dye this week and send me the 9 inch by 44 inch pieces.  At 5 PM I started to pull dinner together…it was the same skillet dinner:sautéed squash/zucchini, tomatoes, pasta, basil and feta cheese.  Mary Lou and Susan came over for dinner and Mexican Train Dominos.  We paused after a bit and had pie that I bought at the grocery store….they had pies….buy 1, get 1, then I also had a $4 off coupon….so each pie (one cherry, one strawberry) was only $1.50…how could I pass them up???  After Susan and Mary Lou left, Michael and I watched a bit of TV before bed.
*************************************************
 
Michael left way early for golf at Stonebridge again on Monday (6/30) and Jan picked me up at 8:30 AM for a quick trip to Joann’s.  I found a yard of fabric that will hopefully let me finish 2 quilt tops for the kids at Sterling School and was home sewing again by 11:30.  I took a nap in the early afternoon and woke up when my honey got home with his 82…he was very happy J.  I decided to be a little productive and made 2 runs of almond milk chocolate ice cream base.  Our neighbor bought the wrong kind of almond milk…and he bought it at SAM”S, so he gave us 2 half gallons.  I figured I could try to make ice cream out of it to help use it up…we’ll see.  It was leftover Chinese again for dinner, then TV and knitting the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.