Tuesday, July 15, 2014


Michael left around 7:15 on Monday (7/14) for golf at Lancaster, while I took a long bike ride.  I had breakfast and got a few things done around the house before heading to Cooking Fingers at 10:15.  I saw lots of people I haven’t seen in a long time…so that was really good and had a lot of lively talk with the women at my table.  The nutritionist did a salad, a baked chicken/veggie dish and fruit with a yoghurt dipping sauce for dessert.  She was full of lots of tips…both on what you should be eating and how you should be cooking.  I hit CVS on the way home and was home just a bit before Michael came home from golf.  He said the front nine was good…but due to the back nine, he really didn’t want to discuss his score  L.  I headed downstairs then to continue working on some surprise sewing things  J.  In the late afternoon, I had a wonderful 2 hour visit from Ellen and her sister-in-law.  Ellen is one of the librarians at our local library and she is forever giving me suggestions on excellent books to read.  When I went to pick up some books last week, she mentioned that her sister-in-law was a quilter….I immediately asked her to come for a visit and bring her SIL.  Well, I didn’t hear and didn’t hear and figured they ran out of time…then in the late afternoon, Ellen called and they came on over.  Her SIL Marie was just a delight and we all had a really great time touring the house, showing off all of my quilts and wall hangings and talking about quilting.  Marie lives somewhere in the mid-west and she said time and again that there were NO quilts like mine out around where she lived….she was very impressed and fun to talk to.  Marie took dozens of pictures and said I would have my own ‘show’ at her local quilt guild!  Marie and Ellen left around 6:30 (to go and visit another friend in SCCL) and Michael heated up our Asian leftovers for dinner.  I got to have a quick talk with Mary Jo before dinner was ready.  I spent several hours on my serger and finally collapsed around 8:30 and just sat and snuggled with my honey for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.