Friday, July 25, 2014


Thursday morning (7/24) Jan picked me up for quilting just after 9 and we got home at 2 PM!!  We went to Rock Hill after quilting looking for a specific fabric, which we didn’t find….oh well…guess we’ll just HAVE to go to Gastonia and Mary Jo’s at some point (it’s a dirty job, but someone must do it).  I worked on my long arm for a bit…I re-threaded the machine, changed the needle, oiled the bobbin case and changed bobbins all to no avail….it is still skipping….when I called the store they asked me to try free motion quilting and this I did with the front handles…no dice…still skipping….so I turned to my trusty tumbling blocks and got all of the tiniest blue ones sewn.  Hopefully I’ll get them ironed tomorrow and I’ll have a picture. 
Ann Mary and Jim picked us up at 3:45 and the 4 of us, along with 7 others, headed to Gastonia for dinner, and then to see the Smithills Brass Band (from Bolton England…home of the Monty Python Dead Parrot Sketch in case you’re a fan).  We saw them first 2 years ago, when the conductor, assistant conductor and the sound guy stayed with us for several days.  You should have seen their faces when they recognized/remembered us…it was terrific!  We even got a mention when Chris (the conductor) was wrapping up his program, as the wild people with the souped up golf buggy!  It was a fabulous concert, and when we got home after 10:30, I poured a glass of Amaretto and went to send off some emails (the internet was down all afternoon).  Well, it was still down at 10:40 and after spending 15 minutes on hold, I finally decided to deal with it in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.