Wednesday, July 2, 2014


Michael left super early for golf on Wednesday (6/25) here at SCCL.  He was home just after 1, complaining that he’s having a little problem with his consistency….front nine score – 49, back nine score – 39.  At least he’s still in the 80’s J.  I ran errands in the morning to the library, UPS and farmer’s market, before coming home to continue to work on vacation blogs.  The one I posted today took me 2-1/2 hours…mostly because my photo program keeps locking up, meaning I have to re-boot my machine each time.  I finally got it posted and went back to working on my tumbling blocks.  At 2 PM we headed up to the Lake House to pick up some canned food that someone forgot to clean out of one of the closets.  I put it in the back of the car and will take it to quilting on Thursday for Loree to take to HOPE (the local food bank where she volunteers on Fridays).  We both read our books for a bit before dinner.  Michael said the dinner I made was AWESOME!!  I had a block of frozen feta…and it must be at least a pound….so our next several night’s dinners will include it J.  Anyway, I sautéed some zucchini in a little olive oil, then dumped in fresh chopped tomatoes (including our first 6 cherry tomatoes from the plant on the deck) and continued to heat them while cooking pasta.  When the pasta was done, it went into the skillet, along with about 1/4 cup of chopped basil (also from the deck) along with maybe 1/2 a cup of the shredded feta.  I think feta normally has a very sharp tang….but it just mellowed right out and the pasta dish was excellent!  I think I’ll just reprised the exact same thing for tomorrow J.  Janice called at 7 Pm and we had a very satisfying talk for about an hour, then Michael and I watched TV for the rest of the evening (with a little knitting thrown in) until bedtime.
*****************************************************
 
Michael left just after 7 AM (!!!) for golfing, and I left just after 9 AM for quilting on Thursday (6/26).  We both got home within minutes of each other just after 2 (I had physical therapy on my way home for my shoulder, along with a quick stop at the grocery store).  We had a bunch of phone messages to return, then I headed down to work on sewing a bit while Michael took a quick nap.  He was exhausted after his SEVENTY-NINE!!!!!!!! on the golf course J.  He said that’s the first time he’s broken 80 since last October (I don’t know how these guys remember these things).  I got to sew for some of the afternoon, then we had a late dinner (a fabulous casserole  of tortellinis and chicken that Jan made for us) and watched TV and knit until bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.